Oh hey Friday! Even though it’s raining… AGAIN, so happy that the weekend is here. Plus we’re going on Spring Break next week. Woo woo.
This week has been a busy but very fun. One of the highlights was hitting up the Gilt Pop-Up shop on Wednesday. If you follow on Instagram, you probably saw some of the stories from my shopping adventures but I wanted to give you all a full round-up and answer a couple questions I got from a bunch of you.
Here’s a little rundown:
- The Pop-Up is in the Paddock Shops and is open daily. All the details are in this post.
- It’s smaller than the last few times I’ve been but still pretty huge.
- They will be getting new items in daily or at least every couple days. When I was there, there was a huge curtain with tons of stuff behind it that they planned to roll out the next day. So expect new things often.
- My biggest tip: Go in with a plan. If you’re in need of furniture, rugs, home goods – they have A TON. Go directly to that area and see if you can find something, then hit up the other sections.
- Remember to mentally calculate the additional discount. Most items are an additional 60% off the price listed. Some are marked down even more.
- My biggest score was sunglasses. I had to narrow down my picks to three and walked away with two pairs of Celine frames and a pair of YSL aviators. Each pair was like $35.
- The shoe selection wasn’t as huge as in the past but there were still tons of big name designers. Some of the ones I spotted: Christian Louboutin, Loeffler Randall, Stewart Weitzman, Golden Goose sneakers, Valentino, Cole Haan (men’s), Frye, Hunter Boots… I could go on.
- In the clothes section: CHECK FOR DEFECTS. I had a pair of Mara Hoffman shorts that I LOVED and carried around all night only to find out before checking out that the zipper was busted.
- In the appliance section: PLUG ITEMS IN. This is a pro tip I got from a girl I met there. I ended up getting a T3 straightener but was worried it would be broken. This shopping guardian angel tipped me off to plug it in. So I unboxed it and gave it a go. It worked and I walked away with a $250 straightener for $40. If you can easily open it and plug it in, it’s worth it. The Gilt people won’t mind.
- If at first you don’t succeed, try try again… but go early! Like I said, new items will be coming in on the regular so get there when it opens to check out the new stuff.