This week has gotten away from me. With Derby coming up, we’re going in to overdrive at my office. Add to that Drew going out of town and trying to keep up everything has left me frazzled. Like Miss Frizzle frazzled. Say that five times fast.
With the mess of meetings we’ve been running around to lately, I’ve been getting more dressed up for work. Since work wear for me can tend to veer in to the black/gray combo – I’ve been making the conscious attempt to get more colorful when it comes to business casual.
It’s safe to say that this outfit fits that criteria. Print mixing isn’t always my forte but I figured you’ve got to try it to see if it works. And since I can’t help but find a crazy large collection of polka dots and stripes in my closet, it’s one of my only print mixing options. So this might not be grade A print mixing but it’ll do. Hey, at least it keeps things interesting.
Happy Friday friends! If you’re going to any St. Patty’s Day parades, be sure to throw back a green beer for me (since my birthday is St. Patty’s day, I just assume – incorrectly but whatever – everyone wants to celebrate my big day). We’re heading to Cincinnati for a friend’s wedding. I’m taking my camera so I’ll do my best to do some wedding style spotting while I’m there.
Polka-Dot Blouse: LOFT (40% off today – no code needed); Stripe Flared Skirt: Gap (30% off now with code SPRING) Nude Wedges: Sole Society (old)
Photos by Whitney Neal
Sorry I couldn’t help it with the post title.
Can we all agree that this winter has been weird? You’d think that someone who grew up in Florida would hate the cold. Here’s the thing though, I love it. Maybe it’s because I missed out on it for all those years so now I’m hoping to make up for lost time. Last year’s snowpocalypse – loved it. Yeah I got a little tired of it at the end but I live for a good snow day. So can we get some more of those please?
Those snow days also just serve as another chance to wear my duck boots. But who I am kidding? I wear them when it’s raining, when it’s cold and when I’m too lazy to go find socks (don’t hate on my boots with the fur). I also just sang the previous sentence to the tune of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” so you’re getting a look into my weird train of though along with this outfit post. You’re welcome.
In other news, last night I finally tried Feast in Nulu with two of the most talented people I know – Whitney Neal and Jaclyn Journey. If I could just camp out in their studio a couple days a week, I’m sure that I’d be infinitely more creative and cool. I also think they would kick me out after about two hours. Hey, a girl can dream. Seriously though, Louisville peeps – if you haven’t been to Feast, go now. Delicious bbq and loaded tater tots. I’m such a sucker for good tots.
Stripe Puffer Vest: LOFT (this one just sold out but I have & love this polka dot one too); Buffalo Check Shirt: J.Crew (found it in the boy’s department); Jeans: Gap; Duck Boots: Sperry Top-Sider; Sunglasses: Sole Society; Bag: Sole Society (similar here)Photos by Whitney Neal
Come say hi (and follow along) on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Let’s just get straight to the deals since I know that’s what you’re looking for. Here’s a list of my favorite Cyber Monday sales + a smorgasborg of gift ideas. All of these are from sales with great deals. Happy Shopping!
* Ann Taylor – 50% off everything with code CYBER50
* Anthropologie – Extra 20% off sale items with code HOLLYJOLLY
* ASOS – Get 30% off everything with code ILOVEMONDAYS
* Banana Republic – 40% off everything with code CYBER
* BaubleBar - 20% off with code CYBER20 with the chance to save up to 30% off
* Bloomingdale’s - Take 25% off your purchase
* Brooks Brothers – 10% off your purchase with up to 30% off some items.
* C.Wonder - 40% off everything!
* Dress & Dwell – Use code LUCKYCYBERMONDAY to see what you save between 25 – 35% off.
* Forever 21 - 20% off order $60+ with code CYBER20; 30% off order $120+ with code CYBER30
* GAP - 40% off everything with code CYBER
* J.CREW - 30% off with code MONDAY
* Kate Spade – 30% off with code CYBER30
* LOFT – 50% off everything with code MONDAY
* Nasty Gal – Up to 50% off
* Nordstrom – Up to 40% off
* Old Navy – 40% off everything with code CYBER
* Sephora – Free Seven Piece Sample Bag with $25 purchase
* Sole Society - Save 30% off shoes and bags.