It’s still August but the sight of school buses, a weekend with uncharacteristically cool days and the arrival of September magazine issues is making me excited for fall. I know everyone says it but fall is the best. As I comb through the pages of magazines and scour fashion sites, I’ve come up with a little wish list of items I’m looking to add to my closet this fall. You’ll see it’s nothing too crazy, exciting but just some nice simple basics with a twist.
What’s your favorite part of fall? The fashion? The football? Both? What’s on your fall wish list?
1. School Boy Blazer
- If you don’t have a navy school boy blazer, it’s time to add one to your wardrobe. If you’ve already mastered navy blue, think about snagging one in a bolder color for fall. I love this orangy-red one from J.Crew.
2. Leopard Print Flats
– A pair of simple leopard print flats are just as basic as plain black but add a little flair to any outfit. I’m looking for a pair a little different than a basic ballet flat and the touch of leather with the t-strap give these a little edge.
3. Anything Leather
– A touch of leather is a must for fall. I’m on the hunt for a perfect black leather skirt – nothing that screams motorcyle gang. I like the ladylike silhouette of this one and can image pairing it with a sweet polka dot blouse. As for the jacket, you can go a little more biker there and I like the versatility of this two-toned version
. P.S. – Both of these are vegan leather.
5. Simple Studs
– I’m on the hunt for a pair of great stud earrings that I can wear everyday. These BaubleBar beauties fit the bill at the right price.
6. Classic Bag
- I’m obsessing over the simple, classic bag trend. This one from Rachel Zoe is simple, ladylike and modern at the same time.
Shop the wish list…