If you’re anything like me, you started looking at new fall clothes weeks ago but I’m guessing you haven’t been pulling together new beauty products as you transition from summer to fall. I reorganized my closet a couple weeks ago (and it is like sweet heaven now) but my beauty drawer is in a general state of chaos. I need to take a page out of my own book and clean things out.
When I finally get it together, I’ll have a whole bunch of new goodies to add in thanks to Meijer. They sent over a big bag of products – both old favorites and new options – to try for fall. As the temperatures cool and the air gets a little crisper (read: dryer), I try to switch out some products to combat the elements. And just for fun, I like to get a bit bolder with the make-up routine. I love love love lipstick but rarely wear it but for a night out but this fall I’m going to attempt to master the bold red lip and winged eyeliner (haha – wish me luck).
* Covergirl Intensify Me! Eyeliner – I am an amateur at best when it comes to eyeliner so I consider this like my ‘Eyeliner for Dummies.’ It glides on easily but is also easily controlled – a combination that is hard to find (at least for me). I like how you can tilt the brush to adjust the thickness of the line – standard thin line for day and a bolder look for evenings. It’s convinced me to make eyeliner a part of my daily routine.
* Simple Micellar Cleansing Water – This stuff has changed my life. Okay that may be a little bit of a Bachelor franchise style over-exaggeration but I seriously love this stuff. I use it to remove my makeup before washing my face and it’s been a game changer. It’s not greasy or oily in the way eye makeup remover can be. Instead it’s more like a really gentle toner/make-up remover hybrid. It leaves my face feeling like a clean slate so that my cleanser feels like it is actually cleaning my face and not just attempting to get make-up off. When I’m really tired or a little lazy (or both), I just use it alone with some moisturizer before bead. Get this stuff now!
* Rimmel Moisture Renew London Lipstick – I buy lipsticks at the store like candy. I’ll pick up on here and there to try before losing it in my purse somewhere. Last time I stopped in to Meijer, I wandered over and picked up a couple Rimmel London colors. They are BOMB. They have the bold color and full coverage that is usually exclusive to department store brands. It’s also got a moisturizing feel so your lips don’t feel all dried out after a couple hours.
Old Standbys …
* L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara – When it comes to my OG favorites, I’ve talked a million times about this L’Oreal mascara. I love trying new mascaras but when I need something that will make my lashes look full, fresh and long – I always go back to the Voluminous.
* Pantene Pro-V Expert Keratin Repair – Say what you want about fancy shampoos and conditioners but I’ve yet to find one I love as much as Pantene. I’ve just started trying their new Expert line and it’s just as reliable as the original. Leaves my hair really manageable (a huge deal for me), not greasy or oily but still moisturized.
* Olay Regenerist Moisturizer – I keep a couple jars of this Olay Moisturizer in my jar to go back to whenever I’m in need. I love trying new beauty lines but for a good day moisturizer, this one lays a great base. It’s a little thicker so I use it more in the fall and winter than the summer so I’m breaking it back out again now.
Thanks so much to Meijer for sending over a grab bag of fall beauty goodies to try out. Next time you’re grocery shopping, make a turn and treat yourself to some new fall beauty goodies. Or if you just do one thing – grab the Simple Water! It’s so good.