Not sure what it is but there is a TON of stuff going on locally and its high time I shared it all with local Louisville readers. I’m guessing now that all the kiddos are back in school and we’re settling into fall (despite the 90+ temperature) that the local shops are pulling out all the stops on events, deals and sales.
I’m especially excited for the Fall Flea this weekend – I’ll be making the trip across the bridge to scout out some goodies.
* Make your own trek across the bridge (or just head downtown if you’re an Indiana gal) for The Fall Flea. My favorites at Dress & Dwell are hosting the 2nd Annual Fall Flea which is a curated show of 25 vendors showcasing their vintage treasures, antiques, repurposed furniture, home décor and local art.
While you’re hunting for the perfect antique dish set or mid-century modern side table you can sip on a beer from the New Albanian or grab some grub from local food trucks. Stop by between 10 am and 5 pm on Saturday September 14th or between 10 am and 3 pm on Sunday September 15th, it’s going to be fun.
* Dandelion Boutique has a new line of personalized jewelry, brevity, and I am obsessed. They are turly unique pieces since you can take your signature (or your husband’s, your kiddos, your grandma’s, etc.) and have them create a personalized necklace featuring your favorite John Hancock. You can also go with their calligraphy or signature style pieces.
Grab one before September 21st and you’ll save 20%. They’re also marking down their traditional monogrammed and personalized pieces. Grab a few now and mark some friends & family off your Christmas list REALLY early. And if you stop in, tell them Lou What Wear sent you!
* The Fashion Post is celebrating their 54th Anniversary (How awesome is that?) with a 10-day anniversary sale. Their offering 20% off their expertly curated men’s clothing and accessories through Monday September 16th. The sale includes all new fall merchandise and many special order items – definitely a great way to stock up on some key pieces for fall.
Make sure to tell the guys in your life about it or stop in and pick out a new shirt and tie for them. You know you’ve got a wedding or gala that you want your man to look good for!
If you’re looking for some last minute game day gear for this weekend’s Kentucky/Louisville showdown, they carry the State Traditions line which has some of my favorite team gear. I’ve picked up the Louisville hat and shirt as presents for my husband and brother-in-law and they wear them all the time despite my wish that they’d wear the blue and white instead!
* SKYN LOUNGE, a day spa in St. Matthews, is running a couple of specials throughout the month of September. They’re premiering their SkinCeuticals Pigment Balancing Peel at a seriously special price. Normally they cost $125 but you can score one now for just $25. The peel is a light chemical peel that helps undo a lot of the hyper pigmentation and damage your skin undergoes while soaking up summer rays. For $25 you can give your skin a little TLC to start the season.
And high school seniors (and their moms) take note! They are running a special for senior photo makeup application. You’ll have those pictures for a while (whether you like it or not) so have a pro help you look your best. Get all dolled up for $50, a $15 discount from the normal cost ($65).
* Louisville-native Christie Mueller has launched a Kickstarter campaign to help print the 2nd edition of her southern handbook – Gridiron Belles: A Guide to Saturdays in Dixie. The book is a guide for gridiron-loving belles to learn the nuances of the game, the traditions of each SEC school, the etiquette of Saturdays down South, what to wear for a full day of football, and how to tailgate as a professional would before any kick-off. Mueller did a 13-school tour of the south to promote the book throughout SEC country and now she’s looking to update the book with wisdom gained and new tips. A pledge of $30 or more will get you an advanced copy of the 2nd edition, so help a local gal out!
If you have a sale, event or new line you’d like to share, send it to email@example.com and I’ll do my best to get it up here!