Where has summer gone? I feel like i’ve spent the majority of it either trapped in my office or driving my kids somewhere.
Isn’t summer when you’re supposed to relax, kick back and enjoy lots of doing nothing? When does that start? I feel like my kids are going to go back to school in a few weeks (three, I can’t believe it) and I won’t know where all the time went.
Last weekend, we spent every waking minute at the city swim meet. Reese ended up doing two back flops and coming in sixth in the 6 and under category. That’s good right? Just goes to show you that showing up is really the key to success.
Anyways, I thought it might be fun to share a few things I want to do or try before the summer passes us by (since I’ve clearly already checked -“Play a super annoying and frustrating game of ping pong with Reese.” off my list). If you’ve got any additional suggestions, send ’em my way.
Summer Bucket List
- Eat a fish sandwich at Mike Linnigs
- Ride carnival rides at St. Agnes Picnic – going this weekend!
- Eat a rolled Oreo cone at The Dairy Kastle – cannot believe I haven’t been yet this summer, totally shameful on my part.
- Walk the East End Bridge – heard it’s beautiful and way less crowded than the Big Four Bridge.
- Spend a rainy day at the Zappos/6pm outlet – new shoes are calling my name.
- Take the kids to Holiday World – they’ll actually ride the rides now so I think it’s a must.
- Do a quick staycation or overnight trip with Drew – a conversation without kids present would be nice.
- Hit up Waterfront Wednesday and/or go see a concert – at this point I’m not picky, any form of live music outdoors will do.
- Go to the Lake – anyone want to take us?
- Enjoy a day at the pool without kids – feel like I should be able to make this happen soon.