Happy Derby Day!
If you’re not going to the track but still want to get in the spirit, mix up a mint julep and toast to the Fastest Two Minutes in Sports. Here’s a quick how-to from the team at Rye, who make a mean Mint Julep.
Keeping it short and sweet today since we’re off to the track. Not letting a little rain slow us down.
- 2 ½ part ANGEL’S ENVY Bourbon Finished in Port Wine Barrels
- Leaves from 4 to 5 mint sprigs
- 2 sugar cubes (or ½ part simple syrup)
- Tools: muddler Glass: chilled julep cup, Collins glass or double old-fashioned glass
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Place the sugar or syrup with the mint leaves in the bottom of the chilled cup.
- Muddle well to release the mint’s essence and dissolve the syrup.
- Add the Angel’s Envy. Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir until the glass becomes frosty.