First things first, the title of this post is going to be a little bit deceptive if you look straight at the outfit. And while my love affair with the color blue and stripes is well documented, you’re going to have look past my wardrobe staples to get to the heart of this post … which is the manicure.
When Sally Hansen asked me to participate in their I Heart Nail Art contest, I did that thing where you look around and say “me?” So here is my confession (not like Usher’s though). See the thing is I’m a serious nail bitter. Like it’s a problem. It’s an anxiety thing and like the Pringles motto, once I pop I can’t stop.
I know a lot of people are seriously anti-fake nails but it’s all that keeps mine from frightening small children. As you can see, I keep them SUPER SHORT. Like so short that the nail people usually look at me with their confused face. Luckily, my gal Lute at Pretty Nails (If you’re in Louisville, this is the spot. Everyone there is so nice and does a great job), knows my style and keeps my manicure sessions judgement free.
So now that the confession is out of the way. On to the manicure. When I got the colors from Sally Hansen, I immediately gravitated to the pastel colors. Not sure exactly why but they were calling my name. But the challenge was street style and I wasn’t sure that pastels gave off the street style vibe… but then I saw this picture (and more) and knew it was on.
So I went with the Breezy Blue as a base (cause I love me some blue) and then added a little pink (Pink Blink) and yellow (Mellow Yellow) polka dot on the ring finger. Not too crazy since I have to go to work but a touch of fun when I look down at the keyboard.
More creative than me and want to get in on the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Contest? You could win a trip to NYC and $2,000! Here’s the details:
* To enter upload a photo to Facebook, take a picture with Instagram or tweet a picture with the hashtag #iheartnailart
* There’s a winner every month. Contest ends each month on the last day of the month.
* Winner announced one week after contest closes.
What you win!
* All monthly winners will come to NYC in July/August for a final round of putting together a nail art look.
* Judges will determine the winner each month and at the end
* Grand prize is $2,000 and the winner will spend a year as the Sally Hansen brand ambassador.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Sally Hansen via Glam Media. The opinions expressed are all mine and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sally Hansen.