Just going to start off with a quick apology for the subscription email issue of late. I am switching over to mailchimp and I’m sure some of you got duplicates. So so sorry about that. It’s all fixed now and I promise it won’t happen again!
Now that the wacky weather has subsided, it seems like summer is finally peeking through (at lease it seemed like it earlier this week as I was sweating like crazy). There’s something so exciting about the start of summer – long days, weekend trips, sitting at the pool for hours on end with friends – the prospect of fun you’ll never forget (sorry that was so corny/cheesy – it’s just the truth though – I tried to re-write it and kept coming back to the cheese).
So now that the cheesy part is out of the way, on to the fun part. In the past I’ve been reluctant to sport shorts in a more polished way but now I’m all about it. When I saw this sale a couple weeks ago, I immediately added these shorts to my cart – no questions asked. And after seeing Beth in her seersucker blazer, I knew I had to make this one mine.
Just because the colors aren’t the same doesn’t mean you can’t pair them up for the perfect summer suit. I know a lot of people (aka most people) can’t get away with shorts at work, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t great for a wedding shower, brunch with friends, an outdoor dinner out or anywhere you need to be a little more put together than shorts and a tee shirt. I’m planning on pairing them, and splitting them up, for lots of looks this summer.
Along with my new seersucker suit, there’s a few other necessities I need to stock up on to be fully prepared for my go-to summer activity, pool days. Nine times out of ten you can find me running late and scrambling but when it comes to getting to the pool on time, I am PREPARED.
I keep my pool bag packed with essentials (I like to store necessary items in separate travel bags so I can just throw them into whatever bag is easiest) so that I’m ready to go every Saturday morning. My routine is a constant: knock out some quick chores while my little man gets in a quick nap, throw on my suit, load up the car and hit up Starbucks before parking pool side for the day.
Since you can never be too prepared for the pool, I’ve already packed up my pool bag with my summer favorites (yeah I’m excited).
How do you spend your summer days and more importantly, what’s in your bag to make sure you’re always ready?
Green Seersucker Shorts and Blue Seersucker Blazer: J.Crew Factory (p.s – you can save an additional 30% off everything with code SALE30; Stripe Tee: Forever 21 (i can never find in-store items online but similar here and here); Tan Espadrille Wedges: Target; Watch: Coach; Nail Bracelet: With Your Heart Jewelry; Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters; Necklace: c/o Chloe + Isabel – Brooke Perellis
Photos by Whitney Neal.
So after hearing how big of a freak I am about my pool bag, wanna hear what’s in it?
* Printed Vera Bradley Towel - I was never a Vera Bradley fan until I saw the towels. The prints are perfect on the super plush towels and allow you to always spot your lounge chair. I have a collection of about five of these and this new print is the latest addition.
* L’Oreal ‘Not a Cloud in Sight’ Polish – I like to keep a couple polishes in my bag for the last minute manicure or pedicure before the pool. I’m loving all the blues lately and this one reminds me of the color of the ocean.
* Nivea SPF Lip Balm - Can’t leave home without this one. My lips can get seriously burned (they swelled up BIG TIME on our last beach trip) so I apply this religiously.
* Sonia Kashuk Bronzer - After a long day at the pool, I can get a little red and blotchy so if I’m running errands afterwards or meeting up with someone, I’ll do a quick sweep of bronzer to even things out and add a little extra glow.
* Sephora Ponytail Holders - I have to keep my hair off my neck or I will overheat in a hot minute and since I loose ponytail holders every five seconds, this pack is a necessity. The pretty colors add a little extra and these won’t let your hair get all ratty.
* Bright Bikini - While I may balk at prints most of the time, when it comes to swimsuits – I love them. This fish pattern is subtle but fun.
* Neutrogena Body Mist Sunscreen – I used to HATE applying sunscreen. Then I realized I needed it and applied it at home. Now I’m a devotee of the spray versions. I know they’re more expensive and you probably waste a bunch but it’s WAY better than having to later up every hour or so and it makes it so much easier.
* Starbucks Iced Coffee – In the summer, I hit up the Starbucks drive-thru for an ice-coffee on the regular. The new versions that you can take to go are going to become my new go-to. I’ve tried almost every flavor and the caramel and the plain coffee + milk are my favorites. Love that you can throw them in the fridge and then pop one in your pool bag for a quick refresher when the sun starts to take it out of you around 2 pm. p.s. – head over here for a coupon to save $1.
The new line-up of bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee beverages gives you great-tasting, energizing refreshment with premium Starbucks® coffee from 100 percent arabica beans. Starbucks® Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are perfect on-the-go refreshment to help you through the daily commute, the midday slump, or an exciting road trip adventure with friends. Best enjoyed chilled from the bottle, look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide.
Want more? Let’s be pals on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, produced in collaboration with Glam and Starbucks. I received a Starbucks Iced Coffee sample to review. The opinions shared in this post are my own.